Sardines with Coriander and Lime
8 small sardines
Zest and Juice of 1 Lime
1 Lime, thinly sliced
1 Green Chilli, thinly sliced
100g/4oz freshly chopped coriander
- Season the insides of the fish with salt then make 2 – 3 shallow diagonal cuts on both sides of each fish.
- Combine the lime juice, zest and sliced chilli in a bowl and rub into the fish, both inside and out.
- Place the fish in a shallow dish, sprinkle the coriander over and cover with slices of lime.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Brush the fish liberally with olive oil, place in an oiled hinged wire fish grill and cook over medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Turn, brush with olive oil and cook for a further 3 – 4 minutes.