Stuffed Green Pepper Boats
1 ½ cups unseasoned croutons
¾ cup grated mozzarella cheese
¾ cup tomatoes, chopped
⅓ cup hot water
2 tablespoons chopped black olives
2 tablespoons chopped onion
2 tablespoons melted butter
¾ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon garlic salt
3 large green peppers
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and centre stalk.
- Combine all the remainder ingredients in a bowl.
- Stuff each half pepper with the mixture and place in the centre of a 9” square of foil.
- Mould and shape foil to fit contours of each green pepper, leaving tops uncovered.
- Grill over medium heat for 25-30 minutes (or until peppers are tender).
- Place single large sheet of foil over tops of peppers during the last 10 minutes to thoroughly cook top edges.